Underwater Photography Workshops
8:30am start for the classroom session
- Wide Angle Session
- Quick recap on exposure techniques
- Dome Port and lens selection, understanding the technicalities
- Optimising image quality
- Advanced lighting
- Shooting natural light
- Understanding histogram
- Lunch (provided)
- Macro Session
- Equipment selection
- The use of wet lenses
- Lighting techniques
- Creating a black background in daylight
- Open ocean black water shooting techniques at night
- Accurate focusing
- Double boat dive at Broughton Island – approx 7am
- Lunch at own expense
1:30pm start for the classroom session
- Post Production
- Dive photo appraisal
- Debrief & Refresh any Topics
NB) All times are approximate and will be determined by the speed at which we progress through the course material.
*If workshop is cancelled or you are unable to attend due to Covid restrictions, the workshop will be rescheduled or refunded.
*A final weather check will be conducted with the Bureau of Meteorology on the morning of each workshop. This may lead to the workshop being postponed in cases of unfavourable weather reports or very poor/dangerous diving conditions.
NB) Classes are run subject to acquiring minimum numbers
In signing up for this course you should:
- Be a qualified and competent SCUBA diver with more than 30 logged dives.
- Own a water proof camera with full manual (M) mode (preferred but not essential)
- Have an underwater flash (strobe) or constant light source
- Have a laptop computer for photo download and assessment
- Have photo editing software (Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom is preffered, if you don’t have either of these please download a free 30 day software trial of Photoshop less than 30 days prior to the last day of the course and install on your laptop)
Please bring with you a pen and notepad for note taking.
Tuition with Matty Smith
2x Air fills
2x Boat Dives
Lunch on day 1
Book and checkout online
Should you require any dive gear everything is available for hire for an extra cost through the dive shop. Should you need to hire gear please be sure to arrive a little earlier in order to sort out what you need.