Underwater Photography Workshops
8:30am start for the classroom session
- Setting up Your Camera – File Formats, White Balance, Focusing & Mode
- Nailing Manual Exposure- Taking Creative Control
- Underwater Colours – The use of External Light Source
- Compostion Techniques
- Underwater Photography Etiquette
- Approaching Subjects
- Dive 1 Local Dive Spot – approx 2pm
- Dive 2 Local Dive Spot – approx 7am
- Coffee & Breakfast
10:30am start for the classroom session
- Post Production & Work Flow
- Debrief & Refresh any Topics
NB) All times are approximate and will be determined by the speed at which we progress through the course material.
*A final weather check will be conducted with the Bureau of Meteorology on the morning of each workshop. This may lead to the workshop being postponed in cases of unfavourable weather reports or very poor/dangerous diving conditions.
NB) Classes are run subject to acquiring minimum numbers
In signing up for this course you should:
- Be a qualified and competent SCUBA diver
- Own a water proof camera with full manual (M) mode (preferred but not essential)
- Have an underwater flash (strobe) or constant light source
- Have a laptop computer for photo download and assessment
- Have photo editing software (Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom is preffered, if you don’t have either of these please download a free 30 day software trial of Photoshop less than 30 days prior to the last day of the course and install on your laptop)
Please bring with you a pen and notepad for note taking.
Tuition with Matty Smith
2x Air or Nitrox fills
Lunch on both days
Book and checkout online, however if you are booking in person, a $100 deposit is required. The remaining $295 is payable at the dive shop upon arrival.
Should you require any dive gear everything is available for hire for an extra cost through the dive shop. Should you need to hire gear please be sure to arrive a little earlier in order to sort out what you need.